Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sausage and Egg "Muffins"


I know many of you do baking days and freezer cooking days. I enjoy doing them too, but in all honesty they can be overwhelming. So most of the time I try to cook a little extra here and there to freeze. It is not quite as satisfying as seeing all that food laying out for the big picture when you are done with a baking day, but I find it to be much easier for time management and it allows me to more easily incorporate my kids into helping me in the kitchen because I am cooking for much shorter periods of time.

Today I made a recipe I adapted from the recipe here.




Sausage and Egg "Muffins"

Makes 24 "muffins"

Ingredients
•2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) Evaporated Milk
•8 large eggs, beaten
•7 oz precooked turkey sausage links, diced
•1/2 teaspoon onion powder
•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•4 cups 1/2-inch cubed Italian or French bread (about 9 slices)

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350ยบ F. Spray Muffin tin with cooking spray.

COMBINE milk, eggs, sausage, onion powder and garlic powder in large bowl. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread. Pour mixture into baking dish.

BAKE for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm or freeze in ziptop bag and defrost and reheat in microwave.

** These came out great, they make good finger food for toddlers as long as you cut the sausage small enough. I eliminated 1/2 the bread, 1/2 the meat, and the cheese from the original recipe to cut out some calories. I calculated my version as 2 Weight Watcher Points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Grab My Blog Button

my button

Disclosure Policy

Click here to read full disclosure policy

Thrifty Jenny Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino