Monday, December 21, 2009

Freezer Lunches


I made bean burritos buy taking reduced sodium canned pinto beans and a can of rotel (free after coupons) heating and mashing it up a little and then wrapping it a reduced carb flour tortilla. then wrap the whole thing in foil. You can put some cheese on the inside, but I omit the cheese to keep the calories low and then I just add cheese to the top of the kids when we reheat them. These were mostly a success but I think I could have made the beans a bit less runny!
I also made chicken quesadilla by taking some of the black beans I made in the slow cooker and some chicken breast that I poached, along with some salsa and cheese. Put all of this on 1/2 of a low carb flour tortilla, spray the tortilla with vegetable oil and then heat at 450 until the tops are brown. You can wrap individually in foil for freezing. These were a success!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Grab My Blog Button

my button

Disclosure Policy

Click here to read full disclosure policy

Thrifty Jenny Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino