
I have had a busy month and have not posted many recipes from our Eat from the Pantry Challenge! Here are a few additional recipes we ate on our Eat from the Pantry Challenge. Click here so see all the related posts.
I made the corn dog muffins here and they were a huge hit!

I tried to make the mac and cheese cups I failed on before here. (I did an experiment last month individually wrapping them and that worked). Plus I had much better success using the recipe here, but there was a new problem. I used Wacky Mac and my picky toddler would not touch them with a 10 foot pole because he was convinced there was peppers in there! Also as cool as I thought the idea of eating mac and cheese with your hands was for toddlers I have decided it is really just not that cool. So for freezer cooking day I am making mac and cheese and freezing it in bags!
I tried to make the mac and cheese cups I failed on before here. (I did an experiment last month individually wrapping them and that worked). Plus I had much better success using the recipe here, but there was a new problem. I used Wacky Mac and my picky toddler would not touch them with a 10 foot pole because he was convinced there was peppers in there! Also as cool as I thought the idea of eating mac and cheese with your hands was for toddlers I have decided it is really just not that cool. So for freezer cooking day I am making mac and cheese and freezing it in bags!
I did not want to waste all the cups I made though so I put them in containers along with some peas and frozen chicken for my husbands lunches. This way when he heats then up he can just mix it all together. Mac and Cheese, chicken and peas is one of his favorite combos.
I cooked up the rest of a boxed waffle mix and used blueberry applesauce in place of the oil to reduce the calories.
I made Easy Spaghetti from the Recipe here, after we ate that for 2 days I was ready for something new but we still had leftovers so I made Spaghetti pizza. You mix the cold spaghetti with 2 eggs and put it in a skillet with a little oil. Cook it until it starts to set, top it with your favorite toppings (we used cheese and pepperoni) and pop it in the oven at 350-400 until the cheese browns and the whole thing is set about 20 min. Then let it cool about 10 min, slide out of the pan and slice like a pizza!





Couponing 101
0 comments:
Post a Comment