Saturday, February 6, 2010

Savings For the Week of January 30 - February 6



Since I switched over to the new blog I have been meaning to start a weekly post on Saturdays to highlight my savings for the week on Groceries and Household goods. That just didn't happen in January, although I did total up my savings for the month ($291.43)! So I am starting off this Savings series with February and this is the first week.


*I went to Sams last Saturday to pick up frozen fruit and yeast, while I was there I grabbed some eggs and milk.

-Spent $39.99
-Savings=unknown

(In general I think you can do better with coupons and sales at a regular grocery store but Sams does have great prices on a few things among them: yeast, frozen fruit, frozen salmon, milk and eggs. I know someone with a membership so I get the benefit of buying these few things without having to pay the high fees.)


*On Saturday I also popped in Alberstons on the way home to grab some pepperoni (Sams didn't have any) I got a package of natural uncured regular $2.29 on sale for $1.89 and I used a .50 coupon

-Spent$1.39
-Savings=$0.90


*On Sunday we stopped in a Natural foods store here in town to check it out for the first time. I am really beginning to investigate what things we can do healthier, what things we want to by organic and how we can afford them. We bought some bulk organic black beans, lentils, navy beans, potatoes, and 2 1/2 gallons of organic pastured milk. I used a $1 coupon on the milk.

-Spent $24.62
-Savings =$1


*Thursday I went shopping at the Kroger mega sale and I bought a lot of items! Before coupons my total was $100.88 and after coupons my total was $41.37.

-Spent $41.37
-Savings $59.51


*On Thursday I also went to Albertsons to test the $4 Baby Basics diaper coupon I told you about here

-Spent $15.13
-Saved $10.82


* Did also go to Walgreens to get two Bayer Glucose Meters free and get two $10 register rewards in return in the deal I told you about here. I don't count my register rewards as savings until I spend them though so I will not count them until next week!


-Total Spent= $122. 51
-Total savings $72.23


We seemed to spend a lot, but some of this was re-stocking the pantry and freezer cooking spending, and some was new organic purchases. So overall I think we did pretty well this week.


Our year to date savings is = $363.66! You can see our running total next to the piggy in the right side bar.

3 comments:

Lauren on February 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM said...

I was wondering about that same thing at Sams! I like to get my cheese there, but this week was FREE at Meijer, so I skipped Sams all together! But i do like shopping in bulk with 5 hungry kids! thanks for sharing!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 on February 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM said...

You may want to fix the one word in your Albertson's paragraph. However, I must admit it did give this pregnant woman a good laugh. :)
Congrats on your savings!

Jennifer Hartman on February 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM said...

Thanks Courtney, I changed it! (Although it was quite a bit funnier with the other word!)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Grab My Blog Button

my button

Disclosure Policy

Click here to read full disclosure policy

Thrifty Jenny Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino